Thursday, April 19, 2012

Artist Statement 3

The theme for my concentration is "True Colors". It's a series showing how people look and how they truely are, hence the name. Bt painting each subject in grey scale; it pushes how looks and appearances are artificial. With varing colorful backgrounds each persoanlity can be exposed down to the bare bones. The idea came upon me when taking a photograph of a friend, featured in the series, she looked to have several different shades and hues because of how the lighting hit. After spending weeks with the series, I found it to be true. Each person has many hues and shades that create who they truely are. By emhancing one main rememberale thing or feature of the subjects i have completed their personalities. For instance, I enhanced aaron's tee shirt with water color to show how his clothing always reflects how he is, what you see is what you get. In all the art classes I've attended I didn't truely flex my strengths or learned as much as I did in Advanced Placemet Art Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment